This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
- nspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, and then assemble them with the safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Relocate unassembled equipment as it arrives, positioning the machinery and pieces that need to be assembled, using hoists, dollies, and trucks.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines by using hammers, crowbars, wrenches, and other hand or power tools.
- Where necessary, construct a foundation for new equipment, using building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, ruler, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Use a lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to match the appropriate specifications.
- Assemble all machinery and equipment by bolting, welding, riveting, or fastening them to pre-built foundations.
- Adhere to assembly and installation instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment.
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment, or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Leads apprentices and directs them to ensure successful task completion.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Perform preventative maintenance once the machines and equipment are put into operation.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Four-year apprenticeship program certified by Department of Labor, or […] years direct experience as a Millwright.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year community college.
- Licensed journeyman, or class "A" certification.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment to be installed, assembled, or dismembered.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with […] quality standards.
- Accurate and highly analytical.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring apprentices.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Overtime as required.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Commitment to work-life balance
Company supplied uniform
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Other DiPaolo Machine Tools Ltd.'s offers that may interest you