This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds when paged and/or called to fire incidents and other emergency situations, as required.
- Wear all appropriate firefighting equipment as supplied by the Fire Service.
- Effectively and efficiently follow all orders as given by a senior officer.
- Participate fully in all Fire Service Training sessions.
- Assist senior officer as ordered in all fire and emergency operations.
- Know the location and safe operation of all tools and appliances of the Fire Service.
- Be proficient in wearing and using self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Communicate courteously and effectively and refer all media inquiries to senior fulltime officer.
- Maintain a physical condition that ensures the capability to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Must reside and continue to reside within the municipal boundaries of the City of Elliot Lake
- Ability to pass a medical examination and be declared fit for duty by a doctor so qualified.
- Pass annual department physical fitness test.
- Own or have immediate access to a vehicle for transportation to emergency scenes.
- Have a good knowledge of the streets and passageways of the City of Elliot Lake.
- Shall have the ability to follow all orders as given by a senior officer.
- Be team oriented.
- Be able to work effectively in stressful situations under stressful conditions.
- Be willing and able to continue the educational process throughout career as a volunteer firefighter.
- Must have a valid class "G" Driver's Licence and a clean driving record
- CPR and First Aid certifications are considered assets.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.