Boshart Industries is looking for a recent graduate with a passion for purchasing and supply chain management to learn and grow within the company by learning all aspects of our Purchasing Department. This position will work closely with other Buyers to learn and be mentored about the timely purchase orders while ensuring on time delivery to meet customer order requirements by maintaining stock levels within approved guidelines at all locations.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels on all assigned product lines at Boshart Industries warehouse facilities to align with company fill rate of 97% and inventory turns of 3.5.
- Collaborate with the Senior Buyer to ensure product is on hand for U.S.A. warehouse transfer orders and to build direct ship purchase orders as required to support U.S. operations.
- Manage suppliers as assigned and related tasks including daily purchase orders, shipment updates, approving invoices, correspondence on corrective action, non-conformance and warranty issues, lead time review & price change review
- Ensure there is proper flow of documents and information between vendors and the end customer (internal and external), responding quickly to all inquiries using effective communication
- Monitor daily reports to ensure purchase orders, fill in orders, product substitutions and early ship requests are issued in a timely manner
- Review days out during lead time report and supplier performance report to take a proactive approach to solving problems related to assigned products/suppliers
- Complete purchase order requisitions and special-order item requests in a timely manner, obtaining pricing and delivery information for inside sales. Maintain knowledge of potential sources and providing guidance as to when requests are not practical for the company.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all assigned suppliers consistent with Boshart Industries supplier management program
- Work cross-functionally across the organization, collaborating with the Purchasing, Sales, Administration, IT, Packaging, Manufacturing, R&D, Quality Control and Warehouse teams
- Acquire sufficient knowledge and information related to assigned product lines and suppliers
- Understand trends related to assigned products including seasonality, best order practices and commodity pricing
- Be available as required to cover any daily tasks of other Buyers during their absences
- College – 2 years or equivalent in a related discipline
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word programs)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Purchasing Management
Demonstrated ability to apply the following behavioral competencies on the job:
- Desire to Learn: Able to learn and grow within the company
- Planning/Organizing: Utilizing logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicating and relating well to all kinds of people
- Problem Solving: Anticipating, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems. Utilizing effective processes to make decisions
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focusing on efforts aimed at meeting a goal, mission or objective
- Flexibility: Agility in adapting to change
- A strategic common-sense thinker, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the plumbing and water well industries
Why work for Boshart Industries:
- We are committed to developing excellence in all our employees
- We offer an enjoyable and welcoming environment
- We offer a competitive salary as well as excellent career growth opportunities in a growing company with a heavy emphasis on training and mentoring
Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
If interested, please email resume to Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Boshart Industries is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, any applicants with a disability who require accommodation can contact Boshart directly.