This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This position is 28 hours bi-weekly; 7am-11:00 am shift; weekdays, every other weekend.
Reporting to the Food Service Supervisor, the Dietary Aide will provide meal service according to the resident plan of care while ensuring a pleasant dining experience.
- Responsible for Food Production
- Follow and meet all pre-determined work routine and schedules
- Provide meal service in Main Dining Room according to resident plan of care for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Prepare and deliver nourishment
- Prepare tables and serving areas for meal services
- Follows cleaning schedule and sanitation guidelines at all times
- Assist production staff in kitchen
- Support energy efficiency by ensuring all equipment, unoccupied areas, etc. are powered down appropriately
- Address all concerns/inquiries from residents and tenants
- Ensure meals are served on time and within Belmont guidelines
- Follow each resident plan of care and communicate any discrepancies to Food Service Supervisor and/or Registered Dietician in a prompt manner
- Ensure work area meets all health and safety standards
- Carry out all other job related duties that contribute to the team approach of resident care as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor and/or Director of Support Services
- Must have food handler’s certificate.
- Previous experience in long term care environment preferred
- Ability to interact with seniors
- Excellent organizational skills will ability to meet all department goals
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English
- Ability to learn tasks within a short period of time (will receive on the job training)
Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Intermediate
En : Intermediate
Other Belmont House's offers that may interest you