This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you want your talent to have a positive impact on the people you work with? Are you seeking new ways to maximize and develop your expertise? Do you want to work in an environment where people come first? We have an opportunity for you, because here, your talent can make a lasting impact!
Each day, more than 1,600 people work within the YMCAs of Quebec’s network, providing a variety of services that create positive change in people’s lives.
Under the supervision of the Youth Programs Coordinator, the successful candidate will create and lead activities to encourage the growth and development of participants between the ages of 5 and 12. Be a role model by creating an inclusive environment where young people can work, play, and have a sense of belonging!
What challenges are we offering?
- Develop enriching programs based around educational, athletic, and cultural themes
- Plan, write and implement weekly schedules in an organized and thoughtful manner
- Manage special projects to support the interests of children 5 to 12
- Promote cultural diversity and inclusion
- Communicate regularly with parents in a prompt and courteous manner
- Ensure a safe and clean environment for children to play and grow
- Be an active participant during professional development activities and team meetings
- Adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy in your role within the Association
Why join the YMCA?
The YMCA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, of course, but working with us also gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop your expertise;
- Be around passionate experts;
- Make a positive social impact;
- Work with different engaged partners;
- Really make a difference in people’s live;
- Have the freedom to take on exciting challenges.
By joining the YMCAs of Quebec, you will also be part of a team that makes people, cooperation and collaboration a priority.
Who are we looking for?
To accomplish their mission, the animator must have:
- Training in a related field (child development, social work, educational psychology etc.)
- Experience in animation, intervention and/or working with children 5 to 12 years old
- Excellent ability to communicate in both English and French
- Valid CPR and First‐Aid certification (training available upon hiring)
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
- Availability from Monday to Friday, 2:30 to 6 pm.
Are you interested?
If you believe that sports and physical activity can change people and give them a chance to grow, we would like to learn more about you. Apply now!
- Axé sur les enfants et les jeunes : S’engage à favoriser la croissance et le développement des enfants et des jeunes
- Leadership : Guide, motive et inspire les autres à prendre des mesures pour atteindre les résultats souhaités
- Autonome : Fonctionne de manière autonome avec un minimum de supervision
- Créativité et innovation : Développe de nouvelles façons d’adapter les idées existantes afin d’atteindre les objectifs
- Intégrité : Démontre un comportement responsable en tout temps et maintient des normes éthiques élevées
- Travail d’équipe : Renforce les occasions de collaboration et les relations pour une efficacité organisationnelle maximale
- Santé et sécurité : Comprend la façon de gérer et d’éduquer les autres pour éviter les risques et les blessures
- Engagement aux valeurs et à la vision de l’organisation : Montre et favorise une compréhension de la mission, de la vision, des objectifs stratégiques et des valeurs de la
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other YMCA of Quebec's offers that may interest you