WDDS is a non-profit charitable organization that has been providing opportunities and supports for people living with a developmental disability in Woodstock and surrounding areas since 1959. WDDS is committed to supporting lifelong opportunities for individuals and their families to strive for independent living in the community through service, partnerships and advocacy. Our Vision Statement is “A community where everybody belongs.”
The Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for general building repairs and property maintenance including, but not limited to:
- Provide preventative maintenance and safe operation to all WDDS facilities.
- Minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs.
- Exterior building and grounds maintenance, including landscaping and snow removal.
- Complete installation of household appliances and inspection of properties on a regular basis.
- Perform on-call responsibilities every-other weekend and during the week to back-fill the Maintenance Coordinator.
- When carrying the on-call phone, will be required to respond to emergencies 24/7.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, prioritize and meet required timelines.
HOURS OF WORK: Variable days and hours to be scheduled to meet Agency needs including evenings and weekends, if required, and on-call rotation. There is the possibility for this position to develop into full-time hours.
If you want a career with meaning, please send your resume along with cover letter noting that you are applying for the Maintenance Assistant position to: email@example.com.