This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Field Lead to support our Construction & Remediation Operation near Port Hope, Ontario. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and work on a variety of unique and exciting environmental remediation projects in Ontario.
Wood’s Resilient Environments business has a long and successful history of delivering innovative solutions, and they have a solid reputation in industry. There are growth and development opportunities within the organization for the right candidate. This position will provide support to our dynamic health & safety and environment team by conducting a wide range of environmental and remediation assignments through field programs, report writing and remedial activities.
- Assisting the Environmental Manager with the implementation of field programs
- Providing direction and support to Environmental Technicians
- Site work - supervising, monitoring and conducting environmental field activities (water management, ESC, dust control, wildlife management, noise monitoring, etc.), environmental sample collection (soil, air, water), environmental emergency response (spills, extreme weather events, etc.)
- Technical writing - report writing (daily, weekly, monthly), daily dust management plans, daily dust logs, preparing/responding to compliance audits requests, maintaining key environmental issues tracking spreadsheets
- Recording, processing and organizing key environmental field data
- Conduct environmental awareness training for project new staff
- Tracking and management of environmental equipment and supplies
- Occasional physical work as required - assisting with ESC installations, placing tarps, moving pumps and hoses, spill response, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering or related fields preferred
- College diploma / certificate in environmental science acceptable with the right skillset
- 3 to 6 years’ experience working with integrated project plans and detailed technical requirements
- P.Geo, GIT, EP or EPt preferred
- Able to work independently to meet assigned schedules
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize evolving project requirements for multiple ongoing projects
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment with tight delivery deadlines
- Experience with environmental monitoring/sampling equipment (MultiRAE / GasTec devices, TSP monitors, high-vol samplers, low-flow pumps, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical writing and critical thinking skills
- Proven communication skills
- Team oriented
- Detail oriented
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel, and all programs under MS Office
- Skilled in data and records management
- Eligible for Reliance status security clearance (more than 3 yrs working experience in Canada)
- Valid G Class license
- Willing to travel, if required
- Supervisor Awareness training a plus
- Experience working in the nuclear or remediation-based sector considered a plus
- NEW status a plus
- HAZWOPER training a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.comDiversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Wood's offers that may interest you