- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Mechanical - Engineering
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (PEng), to work with an international team on the detailed design phase or bankable feasibility study of a mining project. Reporting to the Office Engineering Manager, in our Oakville, ON office. This role will be responsible for providing design support on major EPC/EPCM projects. The successful candidate must be located within a reasonable commute to the Oakville, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Mechanical Engineering design related to mining and metal processing, specifically potash and chemical processing
- Mechanical Engineering design related to non-process equipment such as cranes, elevators, indexers, plus all ancillaries to equipment (drives, hydraulic systems, bearings, fasteners)
- Develop Mechanical Design Criteria, Specifications, contract documents and Equipment Lists
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ) and technical bid evaluations
- Review specifications, contract documents and vendor submittals/drawings
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Technical resource for the team
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinate and work with project team members in Canada and Australia
- Assist in manpower plans for capital projects as well as provide estimates for engineering output to appropriate clients
- Review project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Adhere to project budget and schedules
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have PEng designation
- At least 10 years of related experience, with a minimum of 7 years focusing on mining projects
- Working knowledge of Uzbekistan design codes, equipment and material selection and technical specification development will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of fabrication is an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!
Software Powered by iCIMS