This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 34417
Position Number: 20093256
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Gillam Hospital
Department / Unit: Laboratory
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MAHCP NE DSM
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days, On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $30.879, $32.296, $33.774, $35.375, $37.044, $38.798
A Manitoba Northern Living Allowance and a further Northern Isolation/Remoteness Retention Allowance (of up to $10,000.00) is applicable in accordance with the current Shared Health/MAHCP collective agreement.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the direction of the Charge Technologist or Designate, the Senior Medical Technologist (Cross Trained) will be responsible for assisting in the general operation of the department, supervising other employees in the delivery of diagnostic services and providing technical assistance. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Minimum three years recent related work experience required
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program with attained certification by CSMLS
- Advanced academic achievement (e.g. A.R.T. or B.Sc.) preferred - OR -
- Graduate of an approved Medical Radiography program with attained certification by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Completion of courses in Cross Sectional Anatomy and/or Computed Tomography as required.
- Relevant courses or seminars preferred.
- Certified registered Medical Radiology Technologists (MRT), Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLT), and Combined Laboratory and Xray Technologists (CLXT) will also be considered.
- Current licensing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM) required
- Current registration with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) preferred - OR -
- Must maintain active registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT).
Qualifications and Skills
- Windows computer environment required
- Microsoft Office programs required
- Workplace Health and Safety Program or training preferred
- Apply technical knowledge to interpretation of results, troubleshooting, and assessing of methods
- Organize and prioritize bench duties with duties associated with the Senior Technologist position
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Proficient analytical skills
- Work under pressure
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required
- Ability to perform duties as described
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you