This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Shared Health Manitoba / Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is hiring additional staff supporting our fight against COVID-19
Requisition ID: 131742
City: Flexible in Manitoba
Work Location: Various opportunities within Manitoba
Department / Unit: Facility support
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.669, $36.914, $38.163, $39.464, $40.736, $42.056
Join provincial efforts in the fight against COVID-19!!!
You can make a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable population and their families. Right now and over the coming months Personal Care Homes across our province require additional staffing to help ensure that our spouses, parents, grandparents, friends and neighbours continue to receive the best possible health care during these unprecedented times.
- Must be willing to work in a personal care home.
- Must not currently be working in a personal care home.
- RPN or
- RN - Two years of recent, related mental health experience or an RN who has recently completed a senior practicum in mental health or an RN with a Canadian Nursing Association certificate in Mental Health required.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Psychiatric Nursing program or approved Registered Nursing program required.
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) or the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
- Vehicle and license an asset, if willing to travel mileage and travel time may apply.
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses/Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Psychiatric/Registered Nurses.
- College of Registered Psychiatric/Registered Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for Registered Psychiatric/Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act (Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act for RPNs in Mental Health).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you