This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 5664
Position Number: Multiple
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: Deer Lodge Centre
Work Location: Float Pool
Department / Unit: Nursing Resource Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Targeted Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Other; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.669, $36.914, $38.163, $39.464, $40.736, $42.056
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient//Resident Care, the Registered Nurse provides registered nursing services for patient/residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include: independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the health care team, and facilitating coordination of patient/resident care and discharge. May be responsible for directing other nurse, students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance patient/resident care. Collaborates with physicians and professional health staff in the facility and the community. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, goals and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Deer Lodge Centre. Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies Manager or designates (i.e. supervisors) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
- Experience with chronic illness, geriatrics and complex continuing care.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing educational program.
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) certified nurses preferred.
- Responsible to maintain and provide proof of active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of:
- The vision, values, goals, and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and the Deer Lodge Centre.
- The Centre's Mission Statement, Residents Bill of Rights and Code of Conduct.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System, (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act.
- The Centre's policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to geriatrics and complex continuing care. Principles of Routine Practices.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you