This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 10832
Position Number: 20011528
Posting End Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Orthotics
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $32.460, $34.044, $35.721, $37.459, $39.285, $41.212, $42.766
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Assessment, measurement, fabrication and fitting of orthoses. Provides high standards of care and safety within the Orthotics Department. Provides guidance to and supervision of delegated staff in the Orthotics Department. Participates in ongoing program development, best practice and quality services.
- Clinical Orthotist experience is preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Graduate of an Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC) approved and recognized post-secondary clinical Orthotist education program required.
- Certified Orthotist incorporated into Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC).
- OPC certification in Orthotics required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other disciplines.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, clinical reasoning, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of health care knowledge.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of OPIE preferred.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must demonstrate adequate strength, agility, motor coordination and dexterity for assessment, fabrication and fitting of orthoses.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/ visitors/ staff.
- May be required to occasionally work extended hours.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you