This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 169861
Position Number: 20039982
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: OT Acute Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/30/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $34.448, $35.480, $36.546, $37.642, $38.769, $39.931
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Occupational Therapist collaborates with clients through assessment, interventions, follow-up, planning and designing of services to meet occupational performance goals, support healthy lifestyles, prevent illness and disability and promote health. Quality client care is supported through continuing professional development, research, quality improvement and promotion of occupational therapy.
- Recent and relevant clinical experience preferred.
- Entry-to-practice academic credential in Occupational Therapy from an accredited Canadian university program or the approved equivalent if internationally educated as determined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba (COTM).
- Successful completion of relevant continuing professional education in designated clinical area preferred.
- Registration is required with the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba (COTM) with the incumbent’s name entered in the practicing register or in the provisional register as an examination candidate. Where the incumbent is provisionally registered as an examination candidate, to maintain employment with the Centre, he/she must pass the examination required by COTM during the next available exam offering to maintain employment with the Centre.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
- Membership in the Manitoba Society of Occupational Therapists (MSOT) and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, clinical reasoning, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice.
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the physiological, social, cultural and economic aspects of patient care.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of healthcare knowledge.
- Computer literacy as appropriate to the setting.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must demonstrate adequate strength, agility, motor coordination and dexterity for implementation of therapeutic techniques and manipulation of therapeutic activities as necessary.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- May be required to occasionally work extended hours.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you