This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 212101
Position Number: 20077349
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg
Work Location: Middlechurch
Department / Unit: MC B1
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 03/19/2021 - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.669, $36.914, $38.163, $39.464, $40.736, $42.056
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Provides registered nursing services for residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitation coordination of resident care and discharge. Is a member of an interdisciplinary resident care team and works with residents and families, medical professional and support staff to achieve the mission of MCH for quality resident care. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals and objectives of the Home. Utilizes a continual process of assessment and evaluation skills, providing restorative, rehabilitative and personal nursing care on a resident care unit. May be responsible for directing other nurses, students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance of resident care.
- Previous experience working in a Personal Care Home/Respite Program an asset.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing or Registered Psychiatric Nursing Education Program.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing an asset.
- Advanced certificate in gerontology an asset.
- Certificate plus/or additional education related to nursing management.
- Current registration with College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Manitoba (CRPNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual resident to a group of residents.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-developments opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of MDS.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English; both orally and in writing.
- Must be flexible
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work in a rapidly changing internal and external environment
- May be required to work extended hours
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring and transporting residents and equipment
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic material, noise, allergens, blood, feces, body fluids, etc.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you