Requisition ID: 332605
Position Number: 109-71230-N228-04
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
City: Ste Anne
Site: Southern Health-Santé Sud
Work Location: Hôpital Ste-Anne Hospital
Department / Unit: Nursing
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: As Mutually Agreed
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63 hour shifts
Salary: As Per MNU Collective Agreement
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) applies the nursing process to support clients/residents/patients in achieving and maintaining their optimum level of health within a people‐centered care approach within Acute, Transitional, Personal Care Home (PCH), Primary Health Care, Public Health‐Healthy Living and/or Home Care. The LPN works to full scope of practice, engages in ongoing education and maintains competency congruent with Southern Health-Santé Sud policies, Professional Standards of Practice, College of Licensed Practical Nurse of Manitoba Code of Ethics, Competency Profile for Licensed Practical Nurses in Manitoba and the Regulated Health Professions Act.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
Proficiency of both official languages is essential (English/French)
• Current active registration with the College of License Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM)
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (Acute, Transitional, PCH, Primary Health Care, Public Health‐Healthy Living, Home Care)
• Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
• Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
• Current Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) certification
• Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC) certification
• Knowledge of Professional Standards of Practice, Competency Profile for Licensed Practical Nurses in Manitoba and Code of Ethics
• Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative interdisciplinary environment that supports quality services, quality improvement and staff empowerment
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use an analytical and inquiring approach to problem-solving while contributing to program improvement
• Demonstrated ability to lead and make decisions autonomously
• Strong organizational skills and flexibility to meet the demands of the position
• Able to effectively perform the tasks and responsibilities of the position
• Demonstrate ongoing professional growth and competency relevant to practice area
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
• Good work and attendance record
Conditions of Employment:
• Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate.
• All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
If there are no applicants meeting the posted qualifications, the Employer MAY CONSIDER an applicant who does not meet the posted qualifications
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.