This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 177043
Position Number: 20077459
Posting End Date: December 14, 2020
City: West Saint Paul
Site: Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg
Department / Unit: MC West 1
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 12/11/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Perform duties as a team member related to the daily personal care, welfare and safety needs of the residents, in a manner that respects their dignity and promotes a maximum quality of life.
A member of an interdisciplinary resident care team and works with residents and families to up hold mission, vision and value statement of the Home.
Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Caring for the elderly and clients with dementia preferred.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands
- Flexible and able to function effectively in a dynamic changing environment
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- Demonstrates resident focus care in accordance with the Home’s mission, vision and values
- Able to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English; both orally and in writing
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring and transporting residents and equipment
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic material, noise, allergens, blood, feces, body fluids, etc.
- Requires shift work, extended working hours
- Equipment used - mechanical lifts, bathing units, weight scales
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you