- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
General Duty X-Ray Technologist - Adults -COVID
Shared Health Manitoba / Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is hiring additional staff supporting our fight against COVID-19
Requisition ID: 68202
City: Flexible in Manitoba
Work Location: Various opportunities within Manitoba
Department / Unit: Facility support
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $29.073, $30.333, $31.58, $33.062, $34.603, $36.211
Join provincial efforts in the fight against COVID-19!!!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of our departments across the province will require additional staffing to support our fight against COVID-19; while continuing to provide the best possible health care services to Manitobans.
Manitoba recognizes the hard work and dedication of our front-line heath care providers and we are looking for additional experienced health care providers to offer support during these unprecedented and challenging times, to help provincial efforts to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.
Under the general direction of the Section Head, Adult Radiology and/or Diagnostic Imaging Manager, Section of Adult Radiology, the incumbent is responsible for:
Perform routine radiological procedures on inpatients and outpatients (including mobile imaging), and assists radiologists and other physicians with Central Line Placements, Fluoroscopy and OR procedures.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Familiarity with PACS and RIS preferred.
- Graduate of a recognized school of Medical Imaging Technology.
- On-going participation in relevant courses, seminars, etc. required.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Imaging Technology Program, eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (M.AM.R.T.) upon hire and registered with the C.A.M.RT. and M.A.M.R.T. within three months of hire.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal and English, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion to all patients, and recognize and calm those with high degree of anxiety.
- Good physical and mental health and manual dexterity.
- Stands and moves about during most of the working day.
- Bends, reaches, and lifts and carries for short distances, materials or accessory equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- At times may be required to push or pull heavy equipment.
- Lifts and positions patients, some of whom are in a state of unconsciousness.
- Exposed to extreme patient injuries.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.