Requisition ID: 309098
Position Number: 20093702
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Russell Health Centre
Department / Unit: Russell Diagnostics
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU T/P DSM
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 04/29/2022 - 04/29/2023
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Weekends;Standby coverage as required;On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $28.865, $30.196, $31.580, $33.062, $34.603, $36.211
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Charge Medical Technologist or designate, the General Duty Medical Technologist (Cross Trained) performs assigned duties in accordance with their scope of training and experience, and according to established protocols. The incumbent provides direct patient/resident care and the technical, administrative and operational support functions required as part of the multi-disciplinary team approach of service delivery and other duties as assigned. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Radiography program with attained certification by CAMRT - OR -
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program with attained certification by CSMLS.
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory or Radiology Assistant Program.
- Must maintain active registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT) - OR -
- Must maintain current licensing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM).
- Windows computer environment required
- Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment and with external agencies, groups and the public required.
- Proficient analytical skills
- Work under pressure
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required
- Ability to perform duties as described
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position.