This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 146302
Position Number: 20035878 and 20014033
Posting End Date: October 23,2020
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Medical Intensive Care Unit - HSC
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: January 11, 2021 (if Rhythm course is required start date is January 4, 2021).
Anticipated Shift: Days; Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63 (7.75 hours per day during training period)
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitating coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Recent, related, experience is required.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
Successful completion of the Critical Care Nursing Orientation Program (CCNOP) within four (4) months of date of hire. *
- Successful completion of Critical Care Rhythms Course*
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Basic Life Support training at the Health care provider level is required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support training an asset.
*One (1) year Return of Service Agreement for those that successfully complete CCNOP training is required.
*Successful Completion of Critical Care Rhythms Course is a prerequisite. Applicants that have taken an alternate rhythm course will be required to successfully complete a validation test.
CCNOP is a full-time program. Trainees are required to participate on a full-time basis for the duration of the program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's offers that may interest you