This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals that are looking to keeping the community of Whistler Blackcomb safe and protected. Our Security Officers provide supervision and support while helping maintain the security and safety of the facilities, staff, and resort patrons. You will enjoy regular and diverse interactions with the public, while also being expected to maintain the highest degree of professionalism and customer service. Whistler Blackcomb will reimburse the cost of the Basic Security Training if you have yet to complete it for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform nightly scheduled and unscheduled patrols, lock-downs and unlocks of properties.
- Perform daily collections from assorted locations and make deliveries in a secure manner.
- Generate daily e-mail reports of patrols completed, incidents, events and findings.
- Assist guests or staff as requested or required to ensure efficient operations and excellent customer service.
- Respond to security and fire alarms, investigate cause of alarm events and document findings.
- Communicate with RCMP, Whistler Fire Dept. and Whistler Bylaw Officers as required.
- Review security system data base and live or recorded security video as required
- Promptly communicate the need for maintenance of buildings, vehicles and security infrastructure as they arise.
- Possess BC Security Guard license having completed Basic Security Training.
- Demonstrate our core values around Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age in order to drive company vehicles
- Applicants must be able to communicate and read/write in English well enough to carry out common/daily duties.
- Ability to manage conflict. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary and must be able to work effectively with people.
- Class 5 BC driver’s license with satisfactory abstract.
- Bondable - criminal record check required.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Previous security background or employment history with Whistler Blackcomb is an asset.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 195810
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 938195810
Other Whistler Blackcomb's offers that may interest you