This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
In this role, you will follow a consultative sales process to onboard brands & etailers of strategic importance to be sellers on Walmart Canada marketplace. You will find and target brands/etailers that help us achieve our marketplace strategy. You will negotiate and execute Seller agreements and gain a commitment from Sellers to meet their contractual service level agreements. Once a Seller has been signed you will ensure a smooth and complete transition to the Marketplace Seller Onboarding and account management teams.
You will seek to understand the industry dynamics for your categories, research and prepare target segments, create customized pitches for target brands and initiate discussions. You will be responsible for continuously evaluating our program, including our fee position against our competitors in the Canadian marketplace. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to create a unique value proposition for your target sellers and will be responsible for ensuring their successful onboarding on the platform.
Top candidates for this position will have a solid background in account/category management, sales, and negotiations. A successful candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate our value proposition to potential Sellers. You will have a passion for retail and an understanding of ecommerce developments, trends and technology. Experience with PowerPoint and detailed understanding of category & brand dynamics in Canadian ecommerce will be extremely useful.What you'll do...
1. Develop a framework to evaluate and identify strategic brand partners aligned with marketplace strategy.
2. Build a pipeline of potential Sellers and create a communication plan.
3. Create customized pitches and value proposition for each brand by looking at their ecommerce strategy, competition and industry.
4. Follow an account-based business development approach - Negotiate and execute Seller agreements and secure commitment from Sellers to achieve agreed upon service levels.
5. Develop an approach to quickly find, pitch to and sign Sellers to capitalize on market trends and fill category gaps.
6. Work with Marketing and other internal partners and Sellers to develop programs to drive Marketplace Sellers success.
7. Own the Seller relationship from prospect through successful hand-off to account management.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
5+ years of account management, category management and retail experience required
Strong interpersonal skills and comfort presenting a sales proposition is a must
Experience in Retail Merchandising, Product Marketing, or e-Commerce is an asset
Comfort working with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is an assetMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or olderPreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 620649
Other Walmart Canada's offers that may interest you