This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
1. Research, develop and manage cost-profiles that breakdown product costs into core commodities, including raw material, manufacturing, transportation and FX impact.
2. Leverage and interpret commodity data from multiple sources (Market research e.g. IHS, Mintek; local regulations, commodity tracking databases, web search) to analyze impact on product costs.
3. Use commodity-pricing trends to determine validity of and response to cost-change requests by vendors.
4. Assess commodity price trends to identify cost reduction opportunities for merchandising team.
5. Support Ad hoc analysis for vendor negotiations or strategy development.
6. Advocate for analyses, datasets and approach on vendor inquiries and pushback related to cost-increases. Champion the use of commodity-analytics in vendor conversations related to cost increase and / or cost decreases.
7. Act as a thought-partner for the merchant teams on issues related to commodity pricing.
8. Act as commodity pricing SME in vendor conversations.
9. Improve analyses through-put by developing and maintaining best practices in analyses, standard data repositories, and macro/tool developments.
10. Provide periodic updates to leadership, communicating commodity market conditions and the impact of changes in the market.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or olderPreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 360934
Other Walmart Canada's offers that may interest you