This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
1. As a member of the Store Management Team drives profitable sales through achievement of sales and profit goals, budget management and sales forecasts. Proactively analyzes and utilizes sales/financial reports, economic trends and community needs to identify and respond to market changes while controlling expenditures. Communicates sales results associates and guides interpretation of results
2. Creates, with the balance of the Management Team, operational plans; prioritizes, delegates and provides clear direction to Managers and Associates. Ensures optimal store conditions through effective merchandise presentation, accurate and competitive pricing and store standards within Company policies and guidelines. Implements new store programs according to Company direction, while evaluating effectiveness to achieve successful results specifically related to the (Front End or Back End or Fresh or Operations - specific area that the incumbent will oversee). An Assistant Manager is cross-trained to work proficiently in all areas of the Store when needed.
3. Executes and monitors asset protection and safety controls; maintains quality assurance standards; oversees safety and operational reviews while ensuring compliance with Walmart policies and procedures and with established safety, security, sales, financial and record keeping procedures and practices. Anticipates and proactively responds to compliance issues, including Total Loss/general controls.
4. Serves Customers as an ambassador for their store by greeting customers, seeking their feedback and ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are resolved within Company guidelines to create a positive shopping experience. As a member of management, models, enforces, and provides direction to associates on friendly and helpful customer service approaches and techniques
5. Supports store initiatives to serve the community by participating in and supporting community events and developing relationships with key community groups. Participates in company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts for associates and customers to emphasize the store’s role as an integral part of the community.
6. Leads Associates by conducting regular store meetings and communicating operational direction and initiatives with a focus on the OMNI and the Total Store. Drives engagement, recognizes and rewards accomplishments and provides opportunities for professional growth. Develops all associates and identifies high-potential associates, providing training and development to increase capability.
7. Demonstrates Company values by holding Associates accountable through timely, honest, specific and respectful performance feedback and corrective and disciplinary action. Builds and manages relationships with supporting functions within the store and district (e.g. District HR Managers, etc.).
8. Complies to all Company standards and procedures when handling all merchandise, including but not limited to: alcohol, ammunition, narcotics, and high-ticket. Ensures appropriate cash controls, handling as much as $250,000 per day.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or olderPreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…275 BLVD RIDEAU, ROUYN-NORANDA, QC J9X 5Y6, Canada
Walmart hires 10,000 associates across the country to provide a great shopping experience for its customers. Apply today!
Congratulations to the Vernon, British Columbia store, who was one of the top fundraising stores for this year's Spark a Miracle program in support of Children's Miracle Network. With thanks to our associates and customers, the campaign raised a record breaking $4.3 million dollars to help support children's hospitals across the country.
Fill the Kettle Day!
Our annual “Fill the Kettle Day” where we will match donations made by individuals to Salvation Army Christmas kettles located in our participating stores nationwide, to a maximum of $100,000.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 538099
Other Walmart Canada's offers that may interest you