This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
1. As a member of the Store Management Team drives profitable sales through achievement of sales and profit goals, budget management and sales forecasts. Proactively analyzes and utilizes sales/financial reports, economic trends and community needs to identify and respond to market changes while controlling expenditures. Communicates sales results associates and guides interpretation of results
2. Creates, with the support of the Store Manager, operational plans; prioritizes, delegates and provides clear direction to Managers and Associates. Ensures optimal store conditions through effective merchandise presentation, accurate and competitive pricing and store standards within Company policies and guidelines. Implements new store programs according to Company direction, while evaluating effectiveness, monitoring perpetual inventory and replenishment, identifying problems with inventory flow and taking appropriate corrective action
3. Executes and monitors asset protection and safety controls; maintains quality assurance standards; oversees safety and operational reviews while ensuring compliance with Walmart policies and procedures and with established safety, security, sales, financial and record keeping procedures and practices. Anticipates and proactively responds to compliance issues, including Total Loss control.
4. Serves Customers as an ambassador for their store by greeting customers, seeking their feedback and ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are resolved within Company guidelines to create a positive shopping experience. Models, enforces, and provides direction to associates on friendly and helpful customer service approaches and techniques
5. Supports store initiatives to serve the community by participating in and supporting community events and developing relationships with key community groups. Participates in company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts for associates and customers to emphasize the store’s role as an integral part of the community.
6. Leads and develops Assistant Managers. Drives engagement, recognizes and rewards accomplishments and provides opportunities for professional growth. Identifies high-potential associates, providing training and development to increase capability. It is the expectation of the business that a Co-Manager can progress to and act as Store Manager in the near term.
7. Demonstrates Company values by holding Assistant Managers accountable through timely, honest, specific and respectful performance feedback and corrective action. Builds and manages relationships with supporting functions within the store and district (e.g. District HR Managers, etc.).
8. Adapts to constant changes in the technological landscape of the retail environment. Oversees the effective implementation of digital applications in the store, handles the training of the management team with respect to new OMNI processes and customers’ requirements.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or olderPreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 501703
Other Walmart Canada's offers that may interest you