This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Team Leader, WorkAbilityWork Site: Employee Health - Vancouver, BC
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 134399-mhs
Come work as a Team Leader with Workability at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Team Leader to join the Workability department with Employee Health. Apply today to join our team!
As a Team Leader at VCH you will:
- Provide leadership, development, administration and evaluation of designated Disability Management (DM) programs/projects for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) such as employee absence reporting line, non-occupational health & illness, long term disability, occupational health & illness and WorkSafe BC.
- Work with internal stakeholders to support the provision of a safe and healthy workplace through the enhancement and expansion of DM services with a focus on primary and secondary prevention strategies.
- Lead a project team of clinical and/or support staff to provide continuous improvements in achieving claims reduction and return to work outcomes.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to obtain funding and support for new initiatives including expansion of the designated DM Services at VCH.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health sciences discipline such as Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Occupational Health Nursing or a related field.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience as an occupational health professional in a health care setting including experience in disability claims management, occupational health, safety prevention practices, program development, implementation, marketing and evaluation, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration and/or membership with the applicable College/ regulatory body/professional association.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of employee health & safety, HR theories/practices, Duty to Accommodate, Human Rights legislation and other pertinent acts and statues that guide the management of health and disability claims, as well as claims management systems related to WCBC, HBT and other pertinent long-term disability plans, ICBC, and collective agreements.
- Thorough understanding of a complex multi-union healthcare environment to identify, develop and implement strategies and initiatives that are in line with overall VCH and EE strategies.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to promote and enhance services provided.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a consultative/collaborative manner in the pursuit of service and quality excellence
- Identifies emerging initiatives, trends and industry best practices and ensures full consideration in the development and implementation of service delivery goals and objectives.
- Utilizes effective communication skills in the development of business cases and marketing and promotional materials.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses creativity and innovation to analyze current processes with a view to continuous quality improvement, and to develop new programs and initiatives in line with overall VCH and Employee Engagement vision, goals and objectives.
- Possesses effective organizational, investigative, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with relevant word-processing, spreadsheet, database and Internet software/tools.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC