This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Support WorkerWork Site: Emergency, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.77 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately July 2021Salary: $22.94 per hourHours:
1000 - 2000
Days off: RotatingReference#: 133834-atr
Come work as a Support Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Support Worker to join the Emergency department at Richmond Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Support Worker at VCH you will:
- Act as a member of an integrated care team by performing duties such as monitoring, replenishing and/or cleaning supplies and equipment and setting up procedure rooms as directed.
- Maintain supplies for various carts, rooms and storage areas and clean equipment and tidy up various supply/client areas as required.
- Move a variety of equipment within the assigned areas.
- Assist with meal and nourishment delivery and the transport of clients to and from required areas using stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Assist nursing and technical staff with the lifting and transferring of clients and providing other client care support as needed.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC