This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Space PlannerWork Site: 520 West 6thStatus: Regular Full Time Reference#: 140893-swa
Come work at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) as a Space Planner!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Space Planner to join the Integrated Planning & Space department in Vancouver. Apply today to join our team!
As the Space Planner at VCH you will:
- Support VCH through transformation while responding to changing space and real estate needs.
- Provide strategic and forward-thinking planning and design solutions that help redefine the workplace in office and healthcare settings by utilizing current and emerging best practices.
- Assist with scope definition and space planning while also being responsible for overseeing and supporting the strategy, inventory analysis, and design for facilities projects of varying size and complexity across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Work closely with clinical and administrative staff to support documentation of clinical service plans; draft functional programmes; develop feasibility studies; assist project managers in delivery and implementation of projects (where required); and manage inventories of building plans and databases to align corporate needs.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- You’re a seasoned interior designer with experience leading planning and design projects in office and/or healthcare environments.
- You’re flexible and responsive and willing to embrace new challenges with confidence.
- You’re a collaborative team player who is comfortable working closely with stakeholders to determine requirements and establish project goals and objectives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design from a CIDA Accredited Programme or a related field together with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience participating, managing, leading and directing facilities planning projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation theory and processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Proficient with AutoCAD (R2016 or higher); experience with Archibus is a definite asset.
- Competence with current BC Building Code and City of Vancouver Building By-laws.
- Comprehensive knowledge of space planning principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and develop construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Experience supervising, providing direction to team members, and fostering a respectful and motivating environment in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Able to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, and conflict management skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Highly analytical and organized.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite), comfortable working with enterprise software (e.g. SharePoint).
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff - both current and prospective - have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC