This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Secretary 3Work Site: Vancouver Community Casual Pool, 520 West 6th Ave - Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary: $19.72 - $21.78 per hourHours:
Days off: RotatingReference#: 136434-vkw
Come work as a Secretary with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Secretary to join the Vancouver Community team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Secretary with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform a variety of clerical and transcription duties to support the office.
- Provide transcription services, assist the Administrative Supervisor in the day to day operation of the office, type/format a variety of technical and non-technical material, attend meetings and relieve for receptionists as required.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties and maintain and monitors client charts.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized business college or commercial education program, plus two years’ recent related experience, including switchboard/receptionist experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven switchboard/receptionist skills, and accurate word processing skills with a minimum typing speed of 60 net wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to create and work with spreadsheets/databases and create presentation materials, utilizing a variety of software applications, and the ability to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to transcribe dictation using a dictaphone.
- Ability to deal with potentially difficult and volatile situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work with minimal supervision, to take initiative, to organize and prioritize workload and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff, to maintain confidentiality, and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work within a team environment and to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC