Respiratory Therapist 1Work Site:
Respiratory Therapy, Vancouver General HospitalStatus:
Regular Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary:
$30.82 - $38.56 per hourHours:
Days off: RotatingReference#:
Come work as a Respiratory Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Respiratory Therapist to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Respiratory Therapist at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as outlined by the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization
- Perform ongoing respiratory care in a multi-disciplinary setting to clients with a variety of illnesses/diseases including, but not limited to acute and/or chronic respiratory illnesses or pathologies of the airway.
- Work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team to enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care professionals.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in respiratory practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care Credentialing Exam.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of CSRT standards of practice and clinical practice guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of current respiratory care theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to use clinical practice documents.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.