This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - RheumatologyWork Site: Arthritis Program - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately March 2021Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 133886-nmo
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Rheumatology with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with training or experience in Rheumatology to join the Arthritis Program in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse with the Arthritis Program you will:
- Provide nursing care to clients with rheumatic diseases both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance the quality of life of the client/family.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in your nursing practice.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Successful completion of recognized rheumatology training/certification or completion of one year recent, related experience working with clients with chronic illnesses with focus on autoimmune diseases and/or one year recent, related experience working with venous access devices or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to travel. Travel expenses reimbursed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement care plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the etiology, physiology, manifestations and treatment of rheumatic diseases.
- Broad knowledge of adult physiology.
- Knowledge of principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill related to medication actions/side effects, anatomy and physiology, fluid and electrolyte balance and blood and blood components administration.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability in the initiation and management of IV therapy and administration of IV medications.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies and new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC