This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedic SurgeryWork Site: Orthopedics, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 135924-rro
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Orthopedic Surgery at Lions Gate Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Orthopedics unit at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Orthopedic Surgery you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the designated orthopedic surgical patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illnesses/injuries.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - Orthopedic Surgery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Orthopedic/Ortho Trauma; Heart failure (CHF); Chest Pain, MI, Angina; Respiratory Disease/ Asthma/COPD; Renal; Diabetes; GI).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Fractures of the hip, tibia, femur, pelvis; Hip/Knee replacements; Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA); Wound care; Cardiac/Respiratory Arrest; Arrhythmias; Respiratory depression/failure; Sepsis; Shock; Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)/Pulmonary embolus).
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with Alaris pumps; Cyrocuff ; Oxygen delivery equipment; other care related pumps, catheters, tubes, suctions for patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute /chronic pain management/opioid tolerant patients, analgesics, patients with addictions / withdrawal issues. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of Wound care; Catheterization; Chest tubes; Compartment syndrome; CP Nerve Blocks (CPNBC); Blood glucose monitoring.
- Demonstrated skill in assessing, maintaining, troubleshooting CVC; CVC/PICC maintenance; Administering blood and blood product transfusions; Enteral Nutrition.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Information Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Integrated Protection Services - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC