This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Obstetrics, Medicine & SurgeryWork Site: Labour & Delivery, Sechelt Hospital - Sechelt, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.71 FTE)Start Date:
As soon as possible until approximately August 2021Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours:
Days off: RotatingReference#: 136776-eag
Come work as a Registered Nurse at Sechelt Hospital with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Labour & Delivery unit at Sechelt Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Labour & Delivery you will:
- Provide advanced perinatal nursing care to expectant clients by conducting a comprehensive nursing assessment of the client and fetus and by providing nursing care to other assigned medical/surgical patients both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practices approach in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT SECHELT HOSPITAL
Sechelt Hospital is an acute care, 46-bed facility located in Sechelt, British Columbia and serves over 30,000+ residents of the Lower Sunshine Coast. Sechelt Hospital provides a full range of services to the community, including Emergency care, Renal program - community dialysis units, Mental Health and Substance Use Services, surgical services, birthing for low-risk pregnancies and imaging services.
ABOUT SECHELT, BC
The District Municipality of Sechelt is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset - all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in perinatal ursing or two years’ recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR and NRP techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC