This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - CLEAR TeamWork Site: Infection Control - Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.69 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours:
Days off: RotatingReference#: 134213-cye
Come work as a Registered Nurse as a member of the CLEAR Team!
This is a unique opportunity to join TheVCH CLEAR Team. The CLEAR team provides in person support and guidance to long term care homes on infection control best practices and urgent outbreak response. The team partners with homes to educate and provide support to build a strong infection control base that considers the unique needs and abilities of people living in long term care.
Travel to various site will be required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Valid Driver's License and use of a reliable vehicle for the purpose of work/local area travel.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively including the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC