This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ABOUT BELLA BELLA, BC
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 residential beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. R.W. Large Memorial Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
Relocation assistance and staff housing may be available.
R.W. Large Memorial Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation.
For more information regarding work on a reserve, please refer to this link:
Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model, and in accordance with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for registered nurses as well as within the vision and values of the organization. Provides nursing care to patients/clients on the inpatient ward; provides nursing care to predominantly older residents in a continuing care setting; provides emergency nursing care to patients/clients of all ages presenting to the emergency department with a wide variety of symptoms. Works independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/resident/patient and/or family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practices approach in nursing practice. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing program in emergency or critical care nursing, one year recent, related experience in emergency or critical care nursing, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient/client/resident responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC