Radiological Technologist 3, Computed Tomography/InterventionalWork Site:
Computed Tomography, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus:
As soon as possibleSalary:
$33.29 - $41.61 per hourHours:
Come work as a Radiological Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Radiological Technologist to join the Computed Tomography team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Radiological Technologist 3 with VCH you will:
- Perform special procedure examinations in CT Scan and/or Angiography.
- Perform duties including:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system,
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures,
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data,
- monitoring patient during procedures,
- and monitoring equipment performance.
In this position you may be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift, and supervise at least one (1) other Radiological Technologist or a total staff of more than two (2) up to and including four (4) FTE.
Education & Experience
- Certification with the CAMRT.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ recent, related experience plus successful completion of advanced courses in Angiography and/or CT scanning as well as Cross Sectional Anatomy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of an Intravenous Therapy training course.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practice for general radiology, CT and Interventional procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with Medical Imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies. Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate, coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated skill in CT and Interventional techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.