This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: PorterWork Site: Patient Transport, Vancouver General HospitalStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $22.94 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 134516-jim
Come work as a Porter with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) at Vancouver General Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Porter to work at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Porter at Vancouver General Hospital you will:
- Transport clients of all ages with a wide variety and complexity of illness and injury, including deceased clients, between various areas within the hospital.
- Transport/escort clients to and from required areas using stretchers, wheelchairs and beds and assist nursing and technical staff with the lifting and transferring of clients, as required.
- Maintain supplies for designated areas, and clean equipment and storage areas as required.
- Pick up and deliver equipment, supplies, specimens, blood products and other items as assigned and operate a facsimile and/or photocopier as required.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent, related experience in an acute care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC