This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Physiotherapist 1Work Site: Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) - Day Care, Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.70 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately March 2021Salary: $35.27 - $43.81 per hourHours:
0800-1500; 1 in 5 weekend shifts and on call approximately 1 in 20 shifts.
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 134562-aca
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Day Care Unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Vancouver General Hospital, you will work with the following patient population:
- Patients undergoing Chemotherapy for Leukemia and other blood related cancers
- Patients preparing Bone Marrow Transplantation after initial treatment for cancer
- Patients recovering from bone marrow transplant procedures
- Patients who are immunocompromised
The Nature of your Work
Your work as a Physiotherapist with the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit may include:
- Monitoring and encouraging regular activity
- Personalised exercise prescription
- Balance and Strength Assessments
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Discharge planning
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- ''People First'' Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC