This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Physiotherapist 1Work Site: Burns Trauma High Acuity (BTHA)/Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.50 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately March 2021Salary: $35.27 - $43.81 per hourHours:
0800-1700; on Call approximately 1 in 20 shifts.
Days off: RotatingReference#: 134557-aca
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Burns Trauma High Acuity (BTHA) Unit and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
The Patient Population:
As a Physiotherapist working in the the Burns Trauma High Acuity Unit (BTHA) and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Vancouver General Hospital, you will work with the following patient populations:
Burns Trauma High Acuity:
- Patients with Acute Burns
- Patients with multi trauma, including multiple fractures
- Patients having had plastic surgery
- Patients transitional step between critical care and the acute care units
Intensive Care Unit:
- Intubated patients requiring cardiorespiratory assessment and treatment
- Patients with Orthopedic, Medical, Surgical and Neurological insults
The Nature of your Work:
Your work as a Physiotherapist may include:
- Burn management including burn showers, scar management, protective dressings, restorative and maintenance of Range exercises
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Discharge planning
- Mobilizing and ambulating Complex patients
- Personalized exercise prescription
- Gait Aid Prescription
- Advanced cardiorespiratory care
- Mobilisation and early rehabilitation
- Exercise prescription
- Neurological assessments and treatments
- Orthopedic assessments and treatments
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- ''People First'' Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
- Competitive salary plus benefits package including extended health & dental, and vacation entitlement
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Bursaries and scholarships to assist with continuing education
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you