This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Occupational Therapist 2Work Site: Sechelt Hospital - Sechelt, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $36.51 - $45.37 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 135889-eag
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health in Sechelt, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the team at Sechelt Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist with VCH you will:
- Provide occupational therapy services to enable patients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
- Perform duties including:
- assessing patient’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach,
- planning and implementing goal directed services,
- evaluating the effectiveness of the service,
- preparing and maintaining records,
- participating in interdisciplinary research,
- demonstrating safe and effective resource utilization and quality management and contributing to the development,
- review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
ABOUT SECHELT, BC
The District Municipality of Sechelt is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset - all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
ABOUT SECHELT HOSPITAL
Sechelt Hospital is an acute care, 46-bed facility located in Sechelt, British Columbia and serves over 30,000+ residents of the Lower Sunshine Coast. Sechelt Hospital provides a full range of services to the community, including Emergency care, Renal program - community dialysis units, Mental Health and Substance Use Services, surgical services, birthing for low-risk pregnancies and imaging services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate/MA Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area.
- Basic knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice within a patient and family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower patients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and patients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate to occupational therapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC