This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Occupational Therapist (OT) 1 - Community Link Youth & Adult Mental HealthWork Site: Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) Outpatient Services - Joseph & Rosalie Family Health CentreStatus: Temporary Full Time - (1.00 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.27 - $43.81 per hourHours:
0830-1630; or as operationally needed.
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays.Reference#: 134367-vkw
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) Outpatient Services team at the in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist working with Community Link Youth & Adult Mental Health you will:
- Work within the context of a client-centered care approach and the vision/values of the Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Plan, develop and implement psychosocial rehabilitation assessments and interventions to clients referred to the program.
- Collaborate with family members / significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Recovery Respect Resilience
Vancouver Community Mental Health Services is committed to collaborating with consumers and families to build on strengths, talents and interests in order to foster a community of hope, growth and self-determination.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy and one (1) year satisfactory experience in a psychiatric setting working with youth and adults, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Considerable understanding of occupational therapy principles and technique/ psychiatric rehabilitation principles and techniques.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available services.
- Considerable understanding of vocational/educational assessment procedures together with a comprehensive knowledge of community resources and social services.
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation programs/services and to plan/deliver and evaluate therapeutic programs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct functional and specialized OT assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to defuse difficult and complex situations.
- Proven ability to respond therapeutically to clients by telephone
- Ability to stimulate clients' interest, assess results of programs and work effectively on an individual or group basis.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability and commitment to work well with administration support and clerical staff are essential.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC