This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Nursing Unit Assistant (NUA)Work Site: NUA Pool, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BCStatus: Regular Full Time (1.00 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $23.98 per hourHours: 0700 - 1500, 1500 - 2300, 2300 - 0700, 0700 - 1900, 1900 - 0700 Days off: RotatingReference#: 133675-atr
Come work as a Nursing Unit Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Unit Assistant join the team at Richmond Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Unit Assistant at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in a team based environment and perform clerical/receptionist functions in the support of the delivery of client care.
- Place client/family needs above all other concerns.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as:
- transcribing and processing physicians’ orders
- communicating with other departments and hospitals to coordinate client appointments and transportation
- arranging client tests and receiving results
- receiving visitors and answering the telephone, and prioritizing requests
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC