This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Nurse (RPN/RN)Work Site:
COVID-19 Screening & Testing, Alexander St. Community - Vancouver, BC
(Potential to be deployed to other DTES Mobile Testing locations and other DTES Primary Care)Status: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours:
0930 - 1730; Hours may vary based on COVID-19 Response
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 134036-jmc
Come work as a Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the COVID-19 Screening & Testing site in the Vancouver Downtown Eastside (DTES). Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse with VCH, you will:
- Work to address client and family centred care needs supported by an integrated health service team and delivery model.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate and develop a plan of care across multiple sites, clinics, and services within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team that includes primary care; mental health and substance use; private General Practitioner (GP) partners; and other Community Care Services.
- Care for clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as, but not limited to:
- end of life,
- chronic disease,
- mental health and substance use
- and are adversely affected by the social determinants of health to establish and coordinates a plan of care and support transitions between services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing care through a holistic mental health, substance use and primary care lens or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered recovery model in mental illness.
- RNs to have a willingness to obtain certified skills (i.e. contraceptive management, assessment/ treatment of sexually transmissible infections) at the discretion of the manager.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care coordination to a select caseload of clients.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of mental health illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indication and side effects).
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment. Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care planning, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust schedule to deal with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system, word processing, internet and email software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC