This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Nurse Clinician / Clinical Resource Nurse (RPN/RN) - Home HealthWork Site: Community Health, Evergreen Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible until approximately April 2022Salary: $42.25 - $51.78 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 140775-ach
Come work as a Nurse Clinician/CRN with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Home Health team at the Evergreen Community Health Centre as a Nurse Clinician/Clinical Resource Nurse (CRN). Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Clinician/CRN with VCH you will:
- Apply specialized theory, clinical expertise and knowledge relating to designated/specific client populations to promote the delivery of safe, ethical and quality client care.
- Conduct one-on-one and group education/facilitation/counseling sessions to staff and/or patients/clients/families as needed.
- Promote excellence in client centred care, education and research.
- Participate in direct client and family care when required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program and three (3) years' recent, related experience (Home Health or Palliative Care) that includes experience developing and delivering education programs or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership/support.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on education theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate (one on one and in groups).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of relevant clinical practice standards/guidelines and care pathways.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally on a one to one and group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills in the approach to patient/client/resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a project or initiative.
- Demonstrated skill in the application of techniques appropriate to the assessment and treatment of designated patient/client population utilizing best available evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive, creative learning environment and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of basic research, e.g. research ethics, research question, hypothesis and qualitative and quantitative data analyses methods.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff - both current and prospective - have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC