This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Mental Health Clinician - Adult Early Psychosis InterventionWork Site: Early Psychosis Intervention, Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately December 2021Salary: $34.95 - $43.58 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 135462-smu
Come work as a Mental Health Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Mental Health Clinician with a Master's Degree in an Allied Health Discipline to join the Adult Early Psychosis Intervention team at the Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health in Vancouver, BC.
As a Mental Health Clinician with Adult Early Psychosis Intervention, you will:
- Perform comprehensive psychosocial assessments with adults experiencing psychosis or those who are a risk of developing psychosis, coordinate care for clients, and implement therapeutic interventions.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to determine priority and best of approach to care.
- Develop, implement and adjust individualized treatment plans based on client needs, standards, policies and best practices.
- Provide treatment services including individual counseling, family sessions, groups and psycho-education according to EPI best practices.
- Initiate and participate in case conferences/meetings with clients and their family, service providers and members of the multidisciplinary team in order to foster communication, ongoing assessment and revision of treatment plans.
- Collaborate, consult and provide clinical support to colleagues for continuity of care, treatment concerns, early identification strategies, specialized services and community resource coordination.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Behavioural Science.
- Three (3) years’ psychiatric/mental health experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychiatric theory and practice within a client centered approach.
- Broad knowledge of developmental theory/issue and family systems.
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of adult education and utilization of education tools and materials.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in psychiatric assessment, treatment planning and care, and case co-ordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients their families, service providers, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing workload.
- Demonstrated ability to provide crisis intervention, psychoeducation, family sessions, and group therapy.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare case summaries and clinical records.
- A willingness to work in a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
EPI training and experience is an asset. Must be willing to work evenings. Vehicle is required for outreach in the community.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC