This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
As soon as possibleSalary: $35.71 - $44.63 per hourHours:
0000-0800/0730-1530/0800-1600/1500-2300/1600-0000; or as operationally required.
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays; some weekend shifts as operationally required.Reference#: 145768-ndh
Come work as a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist to join the Medical Imaging department at Richmond Hospital in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist you will:
- Working without general supervision, i.e. having no practical access to a Clinical Supervisor in own discipline for the majority of designated shift, perform MRI examinations in accordance with departmental policy and procedures. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, enter relevant data into the radiology information system, prepare examination trays and patients for specific procedures, operate computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data, monitor patient during procedures and monitor equipment performance.
Education & Experience
- Current certification with CAMRT (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course when required by site practice and one (1) year recent, related experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current MRI theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in MRI techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC