This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Home Support, North Team - Vancouver, BC
Various Home Support Office Sites (650-555 West 12th Avenue, 1212 West Broadway, 2750 East Hastings) - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.61 FTE)Start Date:
As soon as possible until approximately July 2022Salary: $29.62 - $34.37 per hourHours:
Days off: Rotating; some on call shifts as operationally requiredReference#: 145889-cos
Come work as a Supervisor, Home Support with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses with experience in a leadership capacity to join the Home Support team in Vancouver, BC as Home Support Supervisors. Apply today to join our team!
As a Supervisor, Home Support at VCH you will make your impact by:
- Coordinating and evaluating the home support service including supervising the work activities of designated staff.
- Planning and coordinating services.
- Assisting the Program Manager with administrative activities and optimal use of resources.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans, goals and objectives.
- Coordinating staffing and scheduling activities.
- Developing and instructing staff in the use of new protocols/procedures and equipment.
- Preparing budget reports based on compiled financial and statistical records.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent and related experience, including experience in a leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated medication administration skills as outlined in the LPN Scope of Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client and family care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and coach team members to promote an efficient and effective team based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and be resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust communication to suit the recipient and/or situation within a complex community environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, one to one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration/consultation with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain priorities.
- Demonstrated word processing and database skills and computer literacy to operate a computerized client and scheduling information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC