This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: CST Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead - Pediatric OncologyWork Site: CST - 590 W. 8th
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately March 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Shifts may include 24 hour support, some weekends, and on call rotations and some travel.Reference#: 140951-skh
Come work as a Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead - Pediatric Oncology with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Collaborative Clincal Informatics Lead to join the team at CST Initiative. Apply today to join our team!
As a Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead - Pediatric Oncology with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Plays a critical, strategic leadership role in the Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Initiative, across Provincial Health Services Authority, Providence Health Care, Vancouver Coastal Health including Lower Mainland Consolidation Services (LMCS).
- Serve as the lead strategic liaison between CST, the regional programs/specialty, Professional Practice, and other key stakeholders within PHSA/PHC/VCH including LMCS and provides expert consultative direction to operational, physician, and practice leaders within the designated area of responsibility.
- Have a fundamental role in the success of this complex, multi-organizational clinical transformation initiative, through the provision of critical consultative leadership, clinical informatics expertise, planning, and direction at the multi health authority Program/Specialty Level and with all CST work streams, to ensure the scale and fundamental nature of clinical transformation required is understood at appropriate leadership levels, the achievement of CST drivers/goals and the delivery of a well planned strategy in collaboration with the health organization leaders.
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics supplemented with seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in leading major clinical or quality improvement initiatives in a large, complex health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with previous clinical systems design and implementation preferred. Ability to travel.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong understanding of clinical information/data and how these are managed, used and operationalized within the clinical information system to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the implementation of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated leadership in clinical and policy change.
- Broad knowledge of the applicable standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of clinical process, workflows, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants.
- Demonstrated clinical informatics expertise, with the ability to apply systems and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates strategic, creative and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, communication and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict, achieve desired outcomes and address potential barriers to success.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize current computer applications (Microsoft Office, etc.) and computerized health care application(s).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or related process improvement principles.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff - both current and prospective - have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC