This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: CST Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead - Regional Programs/Services (Provider Adoption & Engagement Team)Work Site: CST Project - 590 W. 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately October 2021
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 134352-mhs
Come work as a Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead with the CST Project at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead to join the CST Project Team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead at VCH you will:
- Play a critical, strategic leadership role in the Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Initiative, across Provincial Health Services Authority, Providence Health Care, Vancouver Coastal Health including Lower Mainland Consolidation Services (LMCS).
- Serve as the lead strategic liaison between CST, the regional programs/specialty, Professional Practice, and other key stakeholders within PHSA/PHC/VCH including LMCS.
- Provide expert consultative direction to operational, physician, and practice leaders within the designated area of responsibility.
- Have a fundamental role in the success of this complex, multi-organizational clinical transformation initiative, through the provision of critical consultative leadership, clinical informatics expertise, planning, and direction at the multi health authority Program/Specialty Level and with all CST work streams, to ensure the scale and fundamental nature of clinical transformation required is understood at appropriate leadership levels, the achievement of CST drivers/goals and the delivery of a well planned strategy in collaboration with the health organization leaders.
About The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics supplemented with seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in leading major clinical or quality improvement initiatives in a large, complex health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with previous clinical systems design and implementation preferred.
- Ability to travel.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong understanding of clinical information/data and how these are managed, used and operationalized within the clinical information system to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the implementation of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated leadership in clinical and policy change.
- Broad knowledge of the applicable standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of clinical process, workflows, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants.
- Demonstrated clinical informatics expertise, with the ability to apply systems and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates strategic, creative and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, communication and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict, achieve desired outcomes and address potential barriers to success.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize current computer applications (Microsoft Office, etc.) and computerized health care application(s).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or related process improvement principles.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2021.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC