This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: CST Business Support Analyst (Various Areas)Work Site: CST Project - 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately December 2021
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays; shifts may include 24 hour support, some weekends, on call, and some travel.Reference#: 136525-skh
Come work as a Business Support Analyst with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for several Business Support Analysts to join the CST Project team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Business Support Analyst with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the designated Manager/Director, and act as an integral member of the team providing guidance to senior staff to determine requirements for new health informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting, and program development.
- Document and analyze processes, gather requirements, perform best practice reviews, gather data to support, prioritize and align business case development and requests, and perform current state assessments and gap analyses on initiatives.
- Liaise with a broad spectrum of clinical, IT and business stakeholders and leaders to assist in translating technical issues into a single, shared and realistic vision.
About the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics or related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in health care or information management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Superior analytical skills , documentation, workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Technical writing experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platforms
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff - both current and prospective - have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC