This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Coordinator - Volunteer ResourcesWork Site: Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.49 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately September 2021Salary: $27.29 per hourHours:
Thursdays (0800-1400), Fridays and Saturdays (0800-1500)
Days off: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 133689-rro
Come work as a Coordinator in Volunteer Resources with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Coordinator to join the Volunteer Resources team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today!
As a Coordinator with VCH you will:
- Collaborate with the general public, hospital staff, community groups and others to develop, plan and coordinate volunteer programs and activities.
- Establish and maintain working relationships, conduct needs assessments, coordinate and evaluate volunteer programs.
- Recruit and train volunteers and coordinate their deployment.
- Act as a resource for staff who interact with volunteers and ensures compliance with organizational policies relevant to volunteers.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences
- Three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC